With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job location is Boston, MA.
Maximizes the sale of the Gallo spirits portfolio at retail or on premise outlets as assigned. Responsible for execution of the sales plan, accountable for the revenue plan and maximizing contribution. Manages spirits product sales to retail or on premise accounts through the distributor sales network in assigned state or in multiple assigned states. Functions as the Gallo brand representative for the on premise or retail account and the distributor. Maintains business relationships and executes selling techniques that will increase the sale of Gallo products in assigned state(s). Assesses market data, leverages pricing mechanics, and makes pricing recommendations to their directors.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• 40% Winery facing
• Accountable for development and execution of field pricing.
• Strategically focuses his/her time on the biggest opportunities to maximize sales and grow Gallo spirits brands (i.e., all distributors, reps, brands, markets, etc. are not treated equally).
• Recognizes changes in Winery direction and market dynamics and shifts time and resources accordingly (e.g., reallocation toward Premium; focus on some brands more than others).
• 60% Distributor/field-execution
• Makes appropriate, choiceful decisions when working with distributor personnel. Recognizes opportunities and re-allocates time and resources strategically toward highest opportunity, pivoting his/her time based on business performance, time of the month, opportunities in the account and needs of the rep.
• Collaborates closely with management in distributors (e.g., area managers) to ensure execution of annual sales plans, evaluate market conditions, ensure appropriate resources are dedicated to our brands, etc.
• Holds sales managers accountable for execution of Gallo programs
• Negotiates monthly objectives, sales incentives, etc. with distributor leadership on behalf of Gallo Winery.
• Oversees the implementation of Gallo national promotions/programs to distributor sales organization.
• Assists with the LDP Recruiting strategy on identified college campuses.
• May lead forward-deployed field sales resources (Market Development Manager(s)). If so, supports career development and training plans of direct reports.
• Evaluates distributor talent to ensure future talent pipelines for Winery.
• Collaborates with distributor staff and specialists to execute programs with key accounts.
• Develops and presents pricing and forecasting to distributor management including A & amp;P planning.
• Participates in annual planning process, including pricing, programming, forecasting sales based on sales related data.
• Coordinates launches of new items.
• Manages POS ordering for assigned channel and/or geography.
• Conducts sales training for the distributor sales force and account staff (e.g., wait-staff), to include wine education.
• Conducts spirit tastings for on premise, distributor, and other key individual in assigned state(s).
• Makes sales calls to key on premise or retail accounts with subordinates or in collaboration with distributor representatives.
• Is responsible for marketing intelligence gathering: Reviews and analyzes market, product performance, and other sales related data.
• Establishes objectives and priorities, ensuring they support the organization’s business plans (i.e., deliver the plan to the distributor).
• Promotes positive working relationships across the organization and distributor network.
• Coordinates activities with other winery support areas within the market (e.g., Customer Development, Shopper Marketing, Business Intelligence Managers).
• Controls and monitors business expenses for the state or states assigned (meals, transportation, lodging, etc.).
• Engages accounts and distributor personnel to ensure all e-Retail opportunities in marketplace are maximized.
• Supports commercialization of digital marketing programs and leverages digital assets.
• Leverages technology (e.g., Account 360) to monitor performance, identify. opportunities, direct the action of distributor personnel, make decisions, conduct exception reporting, etc.
• Makes sound business decisions and optimizes resource allocation based on business trends, data, growth opportunities, etc.
• Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset -Driving future-focused change.
• Assists sales specialists and cross functional partners with identification and activation of consumer engagement initiatives and event execution.
• Engages in consumer-facing events, including ability to work with luxury spirits OP or retail accounts to sell luxury offerings and lead luxury events.
• Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within the community.
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
Essential Functions Standard
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:
• Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
• Develops, coaches and mentors peers…