Department of Children’s Services
Performance, Commissioning and Partnership
Executive Business Manager
1 x 37 hours per week
Special B – £51,583 – £55,142 pa
Based at Margaret McMillan Tower
Bradford Children’s Services are looking for an Executive Business Manager to join our Executive Team. The post will be for 3 months pending a permanent recruitment process being undertaken. Daily Rate £300 and this role is inside IR35.
We are looking for someone with considerable experience in Local Government or similar public sector organisations. Demonstrating clear understanding of a variety of Local Government activity including key areas such as democratic processes, the interaction of multiple large public organisations, governance and extensive business management experience of people and resources. The candidate will place children and their families at the centre of all they do and uphold the values and polices of the Council.
The main duties being:
- Have full oversight and responsibility for the strategic and operational delivery of support functions across Childrens Services including line management of staff group within structure.
- Executive support to the DCS and Assistant Directors of Children’s Services.
- Contribute to transformation and improvement agenda in Children’s Services and wider Council.
- Oversee Overview and Scrutiny and other Council Executive committee processes for Children’s Services.
- Assist in engagement and relationship management across Children’s Services, Council departments, the Trust and key partner organisations.
- Information governance and data protection.
- Oversee business contingency planning.
- Oversee workforce planning, emergency planning and policy development.
- Executive support for inspection activity.
- Assist with required project co-ordination to ensure continuous improvement.
- Ensuring full compliance with all financial and governance requirements.
The post holder will be responsible for actively researching/scanning both local and national issues across Children’s Services to support the department to achieve service standards. The post holder will champion the rights and needs of children and their families or those that care for them as well as work toward our vision statements in Children’s Services.
For further information regarding the post please contact Sharon Woodcock on 07970 638826 or email [email protected] or click Apply Now.
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
Closing date: 28th June 2023
Interviews Scheduled: 11th July 2023
Please see attached Job Profile: Executive Business Manager – JP.docx